I sent this to Wade because he is taking guitar lessons.
This is guitar music. Les Paul has been one of my favorite musicians since my dad introduced him to me when he I was a kid. He invented the Paulverizer, over-dubbing and multi-track recording and was one of the inventors of the solid-body electric guitar (which made the sound of rock and roll possible). He was also a pioneer in playing technique using unique licks, trills, chording sequences and fretting techniques. He did mostly blues and jazz. He died few years ago aged 94. He is what I call a beautiful man. I hope he puts a smile on your face. (Bad video, good audio but I picked those with video so you could see his fingering.)
One of my favorites from when he came back after retiring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJaNMZmBR6E
Playing a duet with the other great guitarist, Chet Atkins, who invented the "Nashville sound".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjD680wQJI&list=PL1BDF6BCDD15C6F30&index=10
Les Paul on his 90th birthday in 2009.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH8vjxFIUC4
Duet with his wife, Mary Ford, in 1951 - the first time I heard them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOzB7I2y7Ic
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment